Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Pryda 10 Vol. III - Snapshot



I got my hands on Pryda 10 Vol. III shortly after its release in Nov 2015, knowing that Eric Prydz’s work wouldn’t disappoint. A couple of days later I fired it up, and I was instantly impressed. I wasn’t even 30 seconds into the first track, but I knew it was gonna be amazing. The melody built up, and when the deep bass kicked in at the 1 minute 15 seconds mark, what was great just became easily the best Progressive House I’ve heard in a while. If you have a nice sound system, with a sub-woofer, you will not be disappointed by the audio experience. As the opening track, One Day, drew to a close, expectations were high, and in keeping with those expectations, track 2 - SOL, continued to impress. It makes you wait a little longer, with the haunting beats kicking in at around the 2-minute mark. 

As the album played out, I was wondering if the quality would remain consistent, and to be fair it was good. Most tracks are nice, and there are several memorable tracks in the set, including INOX, Crossings, and Arpe. I was just listening to it on a relaxed Saturday at home, but I can totally see myself playing it in the car while going on a long drive. For that matter, it would probably work in a club setting too. If you enjoy good Electronic music, you just can’t go wrong with Pryda 10 Vol. III. It’s so good that I’m annoyed at myself for not listening to it the moment I got it.

My Recommendation: An Aural Extravaganza (Progressive House that’s amazing from the get-go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment