Friday, July 10, 2015

I Love You, Beth Cooper - Snapshot



During a road-trip vacation in 2013, a couple of friends and I decided to watch a movie post dinner on a netbook, and the random pick from a portable external drive happened to be I Love You, Beth Cooper. Having stumbled onto it completely by accident, it came as a surprise to me to see Hayden Panettiere in it; whose existence I was unaware of, prior to the extremely popular TV serial, Heroes. Online research revealed that she has in fact done a bunch of movies and TV serials prior to Heroes, and this was one of them. The rest of the cast is not really popular, but it’s worth mentioning that they all did well, in this crazy high-school comedy. The male lead Paul Rust is pretty funny in his geeky performance, alongside other stereotype yet funny characters. Going into it, I knew nothing about the movie, but watching the non-stop nonsense unfold in a manner similar to the Harold and Kumar movies, made for a pretty entertaining watch. The bulk of the movie happens over the course of an all-night adventure, which undoubtedly ends well. Just think Harold and Kumar with a touch of romance, and that’s I Love You, Beth Cooper for you. The content we sampled was a lossy DivX DVD rip, so picture was washed out, and audio was a plain-Jane stereo mp3; for casual viewing on a small screen though, it sufficed. If you’re in the mood for something casual, silly, and fun, you’ll probably enjoy I Love You, Beth Cooper.

My Recommendation: Watch It – (A run of the mill, high-school comedy)

No comments:

Post a Comment